Are you intrigued by the idea of making money on YouTube, but don’t want to go through the hassle of creating videos? You’re not alone, and you’ve come to the right place! This comprehensive guide will unpack 20 ways on how to make money on YouTube without making videos.
One quick tip before we dive in: Utilize YouTube Studio to chart monthly estimated revenue and adjust your strategies. You’ll be amazed at how much insight you can gain just by clicking YouTube Studio on your computer screen.
In this article, you’ll discover various revenue streams, from ad revenue and Google AdSense to channel memberships and even selling merchandise. Whether you’re a budding content creator or affiliate marketer, or you simply want to post alternative content like audio files or how-to guides, you’ll find plenty of valuable advice here.
Let’s turn your YouTube channel into a money-making machine!
- Curate Creative Commons Content: Leverage existing Creative Commons License videos related to your niche for an easy start on YouTube without video creation.
- Channel Memberships: Offer exclusive content and perks to paid members for a consistent revenue stream.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote products with affiliate links in your video descriptions to earn commissions without producing videos.
- Audio Podcasts on YouTube: Create a podcast channel where you post audio content, tapping into the audience who listens more than watches.
- Selling Merchandise: Use your YouTube platform to sell branded merchandise like custom t-shirts directly to your viewers.
- YouTube Premium Revenue: Benefit passively from YouTube Premium subscribers who watch your content without ads.
- YouTube Consultancy: Share your expertise by offering YouTube strategy consultancy services.
- Super Chat in Live Streams: Encourage viewers to purchase Super Chat messages during your live streams for a fun, interactive way to boost income.
20 Ways To Make Money on YouTube Without Making Videos
Let’s be real—making high-quality videos is hard work. But did you know you can earn money on YouTube without creating videos from scratch?
Curating Creative Commons License videos is a genius move. These are videos that creators have allowed others to reuse.
You can find them directly on YouTube, compile them, and post them on your existing channel.
Remember, it’s crucial to provide proper attribution to respect the original creators.
Strategies for Curating Creative Commons License Videos:
- Niche Down: Select a niche or topic that you’re passionate about. This will help you curate more focused content.
- Optimize SEO: Use Google AdSense and YouTube Studio to chart monthly estimated revenue, helping you tweak your approach.
- Engage the Audience: Encourage likes, shares, and comments to improve video rankings.
- TubeBuddy: An essential tool for keyword research and SEO optimization.
- VidIQ: For in-depth analytics and performance metrics.
- Content Samurai: Helpful for adding your branding or additional graphics to curated videos.
Channel memberships are a fantastic way to build a steady stream of income from YouTube without having to post traditional videos.
Once you’ve established an audience on your YouTube channel, you can offer exclusive content perks like members-only live chats during live streams.
Your viewers pay a monthly fee, which gives them access to these exclusive badges and other goodies.
Click YouTube Studio to enable channel memberships under your monetization preferences.
Strategies for Channel Memberships:
- Offer Tiered Memberships: Different levels of memberships can provide varying perks, encouraging users to opt for higher-priced options.
- Exclusive Content: Regularly update members-only content to keep the audience engaged.
- Promotion: Use your social media platforms to promote the membership benefits to a wider audience.
- Patreon: Integrate it with YouTube channels for additional perks and an external paid membership service.
- StreamYard: For producing high-quality live streams.
- Canva: For designing eye-catching badges and icons for your channel.
If you’re eyeing an income stream that doesn’t involve making videos, affiliate marketing is your alley.
Use your YouTube channel’s description to insert affiliate links to products that resonate with your audience.
Every sale through your unique link earns you a commission, so essentially, you make money from YouTube without making videos.
Strategies for Affiliate Marketers:
- Relevant Products: Choose products that are highly relevant to your channel’s content and audience.
- Transparency: Always disclose that you’re using affiliate links to maintain trust.
- Track Performance: Use analytic tools to track how well your affiliate links are performing.
- ClickBank: Offers a wide range of products you can promote.
- Amazon Associates: A versatile affiliate program with a myriad of products.
- Pretty Links: To track the performance of your affiliate links.
People often keep a YouTube tab open just for the audio content. You can tap into this by turning your YouTube channel into a weekly audio podcast platform.
Just post audio files, and let the YouTube ads revenue roll in! It’s a unique way to make money online for those who’d rather not produce traditional videos.
Strategies for Audio Podcasts:
- Consistency: A regular posting schedule keeps your audience engaged.
- High-Quality Content: Focus on delivering value to keep people coming back for more.
- Collaborations: Partner with other creators or industry experts to expand your audience reach.
- Audacity: Free software for audio editing.
- Anchor: Great for hosting your podcast and distributing it to other platforms.
- Blue Yeti Microphone: For top-notch audio quality.
Turning your YouTube video channel into an ecommerce site can be a goldmine for additional income. Merchandise, especially custom t-shirts, resonates well with audiences who are already fans of your content.
You can seamlessly promote your products in video descriptions and pinned comments. It doesn’t even require creating videos; instead, make your channel a one-stop shop where viewers can not only consume content but also shop.
Strategies for Selling Merchandise:
- Branding: Ensure your merchandise resonates with your channel’s brand.
- Promotion: Use your existing channel to promote merchandise through pinned comments.
- Analytics: Use YouTube Studio to track sales and tweak your strategies.
- Teespring: For hassle-free t-shirt printing and shipping.
- Shopify: To set up a robust ecommerce site integrated with your YouTube channel.
- Google Analytics: To track customer behavior and conversion rates.
YouTube Premium offers a fantastic opportunity to make money online passively.
Users who watch ad-free videos still generate income for you. It’s an excellent addition to your revenue streams, enhancing the monetization of your existing channel.
This is making money on YouTube without lifting a finger to create videos.
Strategies for generating revenues via YouTube Premium:
- Content Quality: YouTube Premium pays based on watch time, so high-quality content is key.
- Optimize for Premium: Offer content that is enhanced when ads are not present, making it more attractive to Premium users.
- Regular Updates: Keep your content fresh to maintain a steady stream of Premium viewers.
- TubeBuddy: For monitoring your Premium views and revenue.
- YouTube Studio: Essential for tracking Premium analytics.
- Patreon: For additional income through a paid membership service.
Use your channel to offer consultancy services. If you’ve successfully navigated the YouTube maze, your experience is golden.
You can guide others on their YouTube ambitions. Consultancy services can be offered via your channel without even posting traditional videos, through exclusive content and live streams.
Strategies for YouTube Consultants:
- Expert Branding: Position yourself as a YouTube marketing expert to attract more clients.
- Case Studies: Showcase your success stories to build credibility.
- Promotion: Use social media platforms to reach out to potential clients.
- Zoom: For online consultancy sessions.
- Calendly: For booking appointments easily.
- Salesforce: For managing customer relations and tracking your consultancy business.
Super Chat is a feature enabled during live streams where viewers can pay to highlight their messages.
It’s a fun and interactive way to earn money from YouTube without posting content or creating videos.
You can enable this feature by navigating to the monetization preferences on YouTube Studio.
Strategies for generating income through Super Chat:
- Engage: Actively engage with Super Chats during your live streams to encourage more participation.
- Promote: Use your other social media platforms to inform followers about your live stream sessions.
- Unique Content: Plan unique live stream content to give people a reason to use Super Chat.
- Streamlabs: For a more engaging live stream experience.
- OBS Studio: For high-quality live stream production.
- Elgato Stream Deck: For stream management and control.
How about posting alternative content to your YouTube channel, like how-to guides or PDF downloads?
Not only does this add value to your existing channel, but it also drives traffic to your ecommerce site, where you sell these valuable resources.
You don’t even need to create traditional videos for this—just advertise your products in your video descriptions.
It’s a smart way to create an income stream without getting in front of the camera.
Strategies for Posting Alternative Content:
- High-Quality Guides: Make sure your PDFs and how-to guides are top-notch.
- Promotion: Use YouTube descriptions and YouTube Studio to link to your ecommerce site.
- SEO: Optimize your video descriptions for search engines to drive more money online.
- WooCommerce: To easily set up your ecommerce site.
- SEMrush: For SEO analysis.
- Google Drive: To host and share your PDFs securely.
You don’t have to be a video creator to earn money on YouTube. How? Compile high-quality videos from other creators, but make sure to get their permission first.
You can then monetize these videos through your AdSense account, creating an extra revenue stream without ever producing videos by yourself.
Strategies for Content Sharing :
- Partnerships: Forge relationships with other YouTubers for content sharing.
- Quality Control: Ensure that the videos you choose align with your channel’s brand and quality.
- Monetization Preferences: Enable monetization in YouTube Studio.
- Adobe Premiere Pro: For video editing and compilation.
- Grammarly: To keep your video descriptions error-free.
- VidIQ: For analytics and keyword optimization.
Add value to third-party content by providing your unique reaction or review, then monetize this new creation.
You’re essentially enhancing existing content while charting your monthly estimated revenue upwards.
The brilliance is you’re making money without producing original videos.
Strategies for Monetizing Third-Party Content:
- Content Choices: Pick high-traffic content to maximize your reach.
- Unique Angle: Provide a unique perspective or reaction to make the content truly yours.
- Monetization: Ensure proper monetization settings through YouTube Studio.
- Audacity: For audio editing your voice-over reactions.
- Camtasia: For screen recording.
- Hootsuite: To promote your new content across social media platforms.
Google AdSense can be your best friend when it comes to earning a steady stream of income from your YouTube account.
By linking your YouTube channel to a Google AdSense account, you’re creating another layer of monetization without ever uploading videos.
The process is pretty straightforward. Just navigate to YouTube Studio to set it up.
Strategies for Google Adsense:
- YouTube Partner Program: Join this to maximize ad revenue.
- Ad Preferences: Set these in YouTube Studio for targeted ads.
- Audience Engagement: The more people engage, the more money you’ll make from ads.
- Google Analytics: For monitoring viewer behavior.
- YouTube SEO Tools: For optimizing your channel’s name and descriptions.
- Tax Software: To keep track of this additional income for tax purposes.
If you’re savvy enough to strike sponsorship deals but don’t want to create videos yourself, consider hiring someone else to do it.
Companies pay you to mention or review their products, and it’s a great income stream. Use your YouTube channel’s name as leverage, and focus on securing the deals.
You can then outsource the video-making process.
Strategies for Sponsored Content:
- Branding: Your YouTube channel’s name should be aligned with the products you’re looking to endorse.
- Negotiation: Hone your negotiation skills to get the best sponsorship deals.
- Outsourcing: Hire capable video creators to produce the content.
- Upwork: For finding freelance video creators.
- Getting to Yes: A book on negotiation skills.
- Tailor Brands: For professional branding services.
While YouTube offers its channel memberships, you can go a step further. Offer an exclusive paid membership service through a third-party provider to share more in-depth content or offer special perks.
It’s like a VIP lounge where your followers get exclusive content without you needing to create traditional videos.
Strategies for Offering Exclusive Membership Services:
- Third-Party Platform: Choose a reliable third-party platform for your membership service.
- Exclusive Content: Offer valuable material like webinars, ebooks, or members-only live chat.
- Pricing Strategy: Set an enticing but profitable price point.
- Patreon: To set up your membership service.
- Zoom: For webinars and live events.
- PayPal: For secure payment processing.
Live streaming isn’t just for gamers. You can host live streams discussing popular topics or even reacting to other creators’ content.
Rely on Super Chats and channel memberships to drive revenue. The advantage here is that you can generate income in real-time, without the need for producing traditional videos.
Strategies for generating revenues from Live Streams:
- Topic Selection: Choose trending or evergreen topics that align with your channel’s niche.
- Engagement: Encourage Super Chats and new channel memberships during your stream.
- Promotion: Use social media platforms to announce upcoming live streams.
- StreamYard: For an easy live streaming setup.
- Blue Yeti Microphone: For high-quality audio.
- Canva: To create promotional graphics.
The internet loves a good “best of” compilation. By gathering ‘best of’ moments from other YouTubers, you can create viral video content without actually making videos yourself.
Remember, permission and adherence to copyright laws are critical.
Strategies for Compiling Clips:
- Permission: Obtain permission or rights to use other people’s videos.
- Editing: Use good editing software to ensure your compilation is seamless.
- SEO: Optimize your video titles and descriptions for maximum reach.
- Filmora: For video editing.
- Google Forms: To formalize permission agreements.
- TubeBuddy: For SEO optimization and keyword research.
Got a knack for getting people to open up? Then, hosting interviews with other popular YouTubers or industry experts can be your ticket to earn money on YouTube without making traditional videos.
Think about it: the guest does most of the talking, and you’re essentially the facilitator.
This approach not only provides high-quality content for your channel but also allows you to benefit from your guest’s existing audience.
Strategies for Hosting Interviews:
- Guest Selection: Opt for guests whose audience aligns with your channel’s niche.
- Promotion: Market the interviews across social media platforms.
- Monetization: Use ads and channel memberships to generate revenue.
- Calendly: For scheduling interviews conveniently.
- Hootsuite: To manage social media promotion.
- YouTube Partner Program: To enable monetization options like ad revenue.
How-to guides are like digital gold. They attract viewers seeking practical information and can serve as a steady stream of income when monetized through your AdSense account or channel memberships.
You don’t even have to create the content yourself; freelance writers or content creators can do it for your YouTube pages..
Strategies for Posting How-To-Guides:
- Content Quality: Ensure your freelancers produce high-quality how-to guides.
- SEO: Use relevant keywords in your video descriptions.
- Monetization Preferences: Choose between AdSense and channel memberships for revenue.
- Fiverr: To find freelance writers and content creators.
- SEMrush: For keyword research and SEO.
- AdSense Account: For monetizing through ads.
YouTube Studio is your dashboard for everything, including your financial future on YouTube.
By checking the analytics, you can chart monthly estimated revenue and gauge the effectiveness of your existing channel strategies.
This data-centric approach will help you pivot or double down on what’s working.
Strategies for YouTube Studio Analytics:
- Regular Checks: Make it a habit to click YouTube Studio for updates.
- Interpret Data: Understand the metrics and their impact on your revenue streams.
- Strategic Tweaks: Adjust your strategies based on your analytics.
- Google Analytics Academy: To master the basics of analytics.
- Data Visualization Tools: Like Tableau for more complex analysis.
- YouTube Studio Mobile App: For on-the-go analytics.
Your YouTube channel doesn’t have to be a standalone enterprise. Use it to promote your other income-generating ventures on different social media platforms or even an ecommerce site.
It’s not just about making money on YouTube; it’s about creating multiple revenue streams for a more secure financial future.
Strategies for Social Media Cross-Promotion:
- Platform Synergy: Choose platforms that have a similar audience demographic.
- Content Consistency: Ensure your brand message is uniform across all platforms.
- Monetization: Decide how you’ll earn money on each platform—ads, memberships, or direct sales.
- Buffer: For managing multiple social media accounts.
- Shopify: If you have an ecommerce angle.
- Affiliate Marketing Course: To learn the ropes of becoming an affiliate marketer.
We’ve navigated through a treasure trove of strategies on how to make money on YouTube without making videos. From maximizing ad revenue with a Google AdSense account to leveraging channel memberships for exclusive content, there’s a myriad of ways to create a solid income stream.
Key takeaways include the importance of keeping an eye on your YouTube Studio analytics to chart monthly estimated revenue. If you want to post alternative content, audio files, or even live streams, your YouTube channel’s name becomes a brand that you can also cross-promote on other social media platforms.
This adds multiple revenue streams and helps you make more money online. Also, don’t underestimate the value of exclusive content through a paid membership service or members-only live chat features. They can add a steady stream of revenue and deepen your connection with your audience.
If you’ve found this guide valuable and you’re keen to expand your entrepreneurial horizons, don’t miss out on our comprehensive collection of money-making and business ideas on the blog, such as,
- How to Make Money Podcasting and Build a Lifestyle Business
- 10 Easy Side Hustles to Make Money Today
- How to Raise Money for a Business: 7 Effective Methods
- How Much is 6 Figures in Dollars and How to Generate $100k/Year
From becoming an affiliate marketer to setting up your own ecommerce site, there’s a wealth of information designed to empower you in your quest for financial freedom.
Whether you’re making money online through your YouTube channel or any other avenue, the key is to stay informed and adapt your strategies for maximum impact. Thank you for joining us on this journey, and here’s to your ongoing success!
Absolutely, you can make money on YouTube without creating your own videos. One strategy is to curate high-quality videos from other creators under a Creative Commons license. You can also focus on channel memberships, affiliate marketing, or even paid membership services outside of YouTube. The key is to diversify your revenue streams and adhere to monetization preferences.
The “easiest” way can vary depending on your skills and your own channel. However, leveraging Google AdSense for ad revenue is often considered a straightforward approach. Once your AdSense account is set up, you can earn money from ads displayed on your YouTube videos. Another easy way is through channel memberships, offering exclusive content to members for a monthly fee.
You can earn money through various ways without showing your face. Audio files, like podcasts or voice-over slideshows, can be one approach. You can also curate existing content from other people’s videos under a Creative Commons license or create animated content. The sky’s the limit as long as you follow YouTube’s policies.
Subscribing per se doesn’t earn you money. However, channel memberships are a feature where your subscribers can pay a monthly fee in exchange for exclusive badges, emojis, and other perks like members-only live chat. This can provide a steady stream of income, especially if your channel offers valuable, exclusive content.
To maximize AdSense revenue, focus on producing or curating high-quality videos that cater to your target audience. By doing so, you can increase viewer engagement and in turn, increase the likelihood of viewers clicking on ads. Use YouTube Studio analytics to chart monthly estimated revenue and fine-tune your monetization strategies.
Topics like ‘how-to’ guides, listicles, and trending topics often do well. Niches such as finance, health, and technology generally have higher ad revenue potential. Additionally, consider niches where you can easily integrate affiliate marketing or sell related merchandise.
You must be careful here. Reposting other people’s videos without permission can lead to copyright issues. However, you can repost videos that are under a Creative Commons license. Always respect the work of video creators and adhere to YouTube’s policies.
You can share your YouTube content or channel’s name on your other social media platforms to direct more traffic to your YouTube account. This not only helps in gaining more subscribers but also opens up opportunities for multiple income streams, like an ecommerce site affiliated with your content.
No, you don’t necessarily need a YouTube marketing expert. With the right strategies and persistence, you can achieve your YouTube ambitions yourself. However, hiring a consultant could provide valuable insights, especially if you have the budget for it.
Engagement can be increased by posting content regularly and responding to comments. You can also use YouTube’s Super Chat feature during live streams to monetize real-time interactions. Another effective method is to conduct surveys or Q&As to understand what your audience wants.
Yes, posting weekly audio podcasts is an alternative way to make money on YouTube. You can monetize these audio files through ads or channel memberships. Make sure your podcasts offer value to the listener and consider supplementing them with additional content like a blog or social media updates.
Once you’re eligible and part of YouTube’s Partner Program, you can start selling merchandise directly through your YouTube channel. This can range from T-shirts to other custom goods related to your content. It’s another great way to add a revenue stream to your YouTube activities.