About 2 years ago, the subject of becoming a Social Media Manager was HOT!
Everyone was talking about it and every man and his dog was selling courses on it.
Well let me start by saying that this post is not actually about becoming a social media manager. (Although if that’s what you’re interested in please read on as it’s very relevant.)
This post is actually more about an experiment I ran recently on how to use the website Fiverr to make a few quid as a content and product publisher.
You see, 2 years ago I wrote a PDF called ‘How to Become a Social Media Manager’.
As a business owner who has employed several social media and marketing managers in my time I wanted to offer the unique perspective of how to offer your services as a social media manager to business owners.
I sold the ebook for just $27 and it was a great success and I had some fab feedback.
As the excitement of becoming a social media manager died down, so did my sales until eventually I took it off sale towards the end of 2013.
I recently came across it on my desktop and after reading it and updating it a little, I decided it was too good just to gather dust on my desktop and started to look at how I could distribute this information to the right people.
About the same time an opportunity came my way on how to use Fiverr for information products, so I gave it a go!
You can see my gig here – How to Become a Social Media Manager
In less than a week I have had 80 sales and generated $320 Profit, for a report that was sat doing nothing on my computer!
Not only that, but I have distributed this solid information in front of another 80 people and given them the chance to make a difference in their lives by consuming and actioning the info in the book. (Plus I send them a little bonus).
So, how did I do it?
- Find a PDF / Report or Ebook on your desktop that is great content but for whatever reason you’re not promoting.
If you don’t have one, then create one! See my post on coming up with great product ideas here – 10 Ways to Come Up With Profitable Product Ideas
- Create an account on Fiverr – super easy, go here and follow the instructions – Fiverr
- Click on ‘Create a Gig’ on the right hand side
- Add in the title of your gig, the category, add a picture and a short description. Also add some tags and how long you think it will take you to deliver the gig.
As it’s a an upload of a PDF, one day should be sufficient.
- Leave a message asking the buyer to leave you a short message so you can deliver the report. When they request your gig, Fiverr won’t allow delivery on the order, they have to actually leave a message for you to then deliver the gig.
- If you want to add a short video promoting your gig. I haven’t yet, but apparently it increases conversions, so it is something on my to do list.
- Publish & promote!
Bob’s Your Uncle!
Here’s why this is brilliant!
- It’s the easiest way to get your first product online and selling I have found! Use Fiverr as your selling tool! No technical skills required!
- It’s fantastic if you have anything laying around on your computer which you know is good stuff, but you’re not promoting. Earn a few extra quid by adding it to Fiverr.
- Use it as a paid lead generator. Ensure within your PDF / report you have a link to an optin form for the buyer to get further info or bonuses and build your list at the same time.
Summary & Action
- If you’re interested in becoming a social media manager check out my gig here – How to Become a Social Media Manager
- If you are seriously interested in becoming a social media manager and you want a stellar course produced and hosted by a fantastic pair of incredibly experienced ladies then check out Andrea Vahl and Phyllis Khare Social Media Manager School
- If you’re not interested in being a social media manager check out my gig here and copy what I have done – How to Become a Social Media Manager
- Create your own gig and start earning!
I hope this helps!
Let me know any thoughts or questions you have below!