My goal last year was to create a post a day.
I failed within a day!
My goal this year is to create a post a day and so far 8 days in, I’ve been successful. Why?
Because this ‘Jo’s Musings’ layout really lends itself to small, fast, daily insights which make it super easy for me to post every day.
In fact I like it so much, I’m thinking of changing my entire blog to just this. A continuous stream of smaller posts without featured images, the need to click through and all the sign up gubbins at the bottom of every post.
So let’s look at the pros and cons;
- It allows me to easily post every day which I’m really enjoying
- This means I can get more content out there and help more people
- I can easily post my Make It Happen Monday videos (see yesterdays post), my podcasts, valuable articles and everything I would usually do on a blog post.
- Visitors can read right from one page just scrolling down without clicking anywhere, which is fabulous for mobile phones, bandwidth, waiting times etc
- Without featured images there will be less images which will speed up the site (always a bonus)
- It’s super user friendly! 🙂
- It won’t be as SEO friendly – less inter-site links, smaller posts etc, but I’ve never really got my head around SEO anyway and there are a multitude of ways to attract people to your site – user friendliness being a major one!
- I can have comments, but they somehow need to be slightly hidden behind a ‘click here to comment’ button or they’ll take up too much of the page (when I start getting some decent engagement!)
- I can’t have related posts or my sign up here to get my ebook image at the bottom of each post, again would take up too much space (but I could easily have an unobtrusive link to my ebook at the bottom of each post, plus it’ll force me to be more creative on social media to get people to sign up)
Hmmm, food for thought.
What do you think? Do you like this layout or longer separate posts?
Come and join my facebook group and let me know! (It’s also where I do all my training for how to start & grow your lifestyle business, so it’s well worth joining!)
Other than that keep your eye on my blog for potential imminent changes!
Have a great day!
January 8, 2019