I started a little e-commerce store last year as a bit of an experiment and along the way hired the lovely Helen Lindop to organize all my email campaigns.
She did a fab job and is the founder of her own email marketing agency helping clients the world over organize and manage their email clients, platforms, and campaigns.
I asked Helen to jump on a call with me to have a chat about email marketing in 2020. Particularly taking into consideration social media and instant messaging that seem far more prevalent than email these days.
During our far-reaching conversation Helen & I discussed;
- How she started her own agency and some of the struggles she had to get off the ground
- What it was about email marketing that particularly caught her eye
- Why email marketing is not dead and why it’s still such an important part of your marketing strategy
- Why email marketing is harder these days and what you need to consider to ensure it’s effective in 2020 and beyond
- How to get started building an email list
- How to create engagement from the get go
- How to re-engage your list after a period of absence
- Some key points to know about GDPR
- The best email clients online today
It was a fabulous interview and I learned a lot! I hope it helps with your email marketing efforts!