I recently did a 10 Day FB Live challenge. The goal being to get my head around how lives work, the best software to use, ideal length, how to engage an audience etc.
I’m not going to lie, I was nervous! I haven’t done a webinar in years, I’m used to editing mistakes out of my videos, and I don’t know why, but anytime we actually have to show our face in a video makes the whole thing far more nerve wracking! (Is that a girl thing?)
Anyway, it went really well. I found I really enjoyed doing lives, even more so than recording and editing videos.
It’s a fast, easy and super convenient way of creating valuable content.
I loved it so much that it has now become an ongoing and very regular part of my content strategy moving forward.
Todays episode was actually Day 10 of my FB Live challenge and I walk through the 16 lessons I learned during the 10 days.
- 10 Days is a great timescale for a challenge!
- Preparation is key
- 3rd party software is awesome for interviews, recording lives & extra features.
- Practice makes perfect!
- Get your lighting right
- Beware of your internet connection
- Lives are about flexibility & spontaneity – don’t sweat the small stuff (like perfect backgrounds!)
- Presentation or conversation – choose which for each live
- Consistency is key (but also a pain in the rear end)
- Promote your live pre-live
- Be live for at least 10 mins to catch attention on FB
- Get to the point!
- Remind people why they’re on your live
- Repurpose your lives
- Not every live you do will be great, but you have to be in it to win it. Keep practicing!
- The more you do, the better you’ll get.