In an age where Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing the world, the arena of content generation is no exception. Two major players dominating this space are Copy AI and Jasper AI, popular AI copywriting tools capable of generating content with just a few clicks.
Both AI copywriting tools offer nearly the same set of features and can help to write social media posts, ad copy, product descriptions, emails, blog intros & posts, etc.
Our article, “Copy AI vs Jasper AI,” delves into the nuances of these two titans, dissecting their features, capabilities, and overall performance to give you a comprehensive comparison.
This showdown promises to offer valuable insights, whether you’re a seasoned content creator, a digital marketer, or simply an AI enthusiast.
|Copy AI||Jasper AI|
|Platform: AI writing software||Platform: AI writing software|
|Focus Area: Short-form content||Focus Area: Short-form content|
|Long-Form: Available with the Blog Wizard tool||Long-Form: Available with Recipes and a combination of multiple tools|
|Languages: 29+||Languages: 30+|
|Templates & Tools: 90+||Templates & Tools: 50+|
|Plagiarism Checker: Not available||Plagiarism Checker: Available with Copyscape integration|
|SEO: Not available||SEO: Available through Surfer SEO integration|
|Brand Voice: Not available||Brand Voice: Available|
|Chatbot: Chat by Copy AI||Chatbot: Jasper Chat|
|AI Image Generator: Not available||AI Image Generator: Available and included with all plans|
|Word Count: Unlimited words with Pro plan||Word Count: Unlimited words for all plans|
|Free Plan: Available with 2,000 words each month||Free Plan: No free plan, but they have 7-day free trials for all plans with no restrictions|
|Pricing: Starts at $49 a month for monthly billing||Pricing: Starts at $49 a month for monthly billing|
- Simple interface with a short learning curve.
- Easy text editor with a blog-style CMS feel.
- Pre-made templates for various short-form content like sales copy, digital ad copy, letters, email subject lines, social media posts, video scripts, etc.
- Supports writing long-form content with the Blog Post Wizard tool.
- Allows using different tones for AI-generated content such as luxury, witty, friendly, adventurous, professional, relaxed, etc.
- Offers an easy content-sharing feature.
- Clean and intuitive user interface.
- Offers a Google Docs style editor.
- Provides many templates for short-form content writing.
- Offers recipes or workflow commands to write long-form content (best for writing blog posts following a set pattern).
- Lends itself to teaching the brand tone of voice and details about products, services, and audience.
- Supports plagiarism checks powered by Copyscape and SEO using Surfer SEO integration.
- User Interface
- Long-Form Content
- Extra Features
AI writing tools must have a simple and logical UI to minimize the learning curve.
Jasper has a sparse and clean dashboard. The left navigation is neat. You can access all available tools from the menu.
The primary pane is where all the actions take place. For instance, if you click the ‘Templates’ menu, all available templates will appear in the central pane. These templates are neatly categorized, allowing you to find what you want quickly.
By clicking on ‘Create+,’ you can launch a new document or create a new workflow.
If you create a new document, Jasper AI will drop you into their Google Docs-style editor, where you will have more control than using the templates.
Overall, the interface is intuitive and clutter-free. The learning curve comes while using Recipes. But that’s not a UI issue, and Recipes aren’t challenging either.
There are many pre-made recipe templates and community recipes that you can use. Clicking on a recipe will give a video walkthrough and a description of its modus operandi. If you like it, click ‘Run’ to enter the text editor with the recipe set up.
Copy AI’s interface is slightly more cluttered but simple and user-friendly.
You will get a similar left navigation with tools and templates organized by top-level categories like Digital Ad Copy, Sales Tools, etc. You can access all the features from the left navigation menu.
Unlike Jasper’s free-form text editor, you’ll notice that the document editor in Copy AI is template-based.
This approach isn’t wrong, especially if you are looking for a laser-focused solution with a lower cognitive load, which is usually associated with more custom and technical solutions.
Winner: Tie because both platforms have user-friendly interfaces.
Templates are the bread and butter of almost all AI writing software you will find today.
You will find 50+ templates in Jasper. They have templates for various use cases like YouTube videos, emails, digital ads, product descriptions, social media posts, SEO, blog posts, and more.
All templates are neatly arranged in a grid layout so that you can browse through them. There is a search bar to help find specific templates instead of scrolling through all of them.
You’ll love their new One-Shot Blog Post template if you heavily depend on content. It can generate a small blog post faster than you can imagine.
Just provide a blog topic, select the tone of voice, mention the target audience, and select the language, and the template will generate a short blog post within seconds.
You can open the output in the document editor, take one of the main points and put it back into the One-Shot Blog Post template with the same settings as before, and generate a longer content piece for that point or subtopic.
Now take that newly-generated content and put it in the document editor, replacing the original part. Repeat the process with all other main points or subtopics to generate a longer post with just a few clicks.
Templates are the mainstay of Copy AI, and there are over 90 templates covering a wide range of use-case scenarios.
Unlike Jasper, the templates of this AI copywriting software are all tied to its blog CMS-style editor, meaning custom functions are not available for now.
Fortunately, the templates offer intuitive and powerful workflows for any copywriting need imaginable.
There are templates for emails, blog title ideas, website copy, product descriptions, video descriptions, job descriptions, hiring blurbs, case study overviews, and more!
The best part is that you can create custom templates if you don’t find one that addresses your needs.
Winner: Copy AI because of the number of templates it provides.
One of Jasper’s biggest strengths is effortlessly generating long-form content. There are four routes you can take:
- The first option is to use the One-Shot Blog Post template to generate a small blog post and then use the tool for each subsection to expand.
- The other approach is to use the blog outline generator and then combine multiple tools like the blog post intro paragraph, blog post conclusion paragraph, and paragraph generator tools to generate an entire blog post. But you may find that clumsy.
- Another option is to use the Documents feature for creating long-form content. You can write commands in plain English, and the AI writer will understand those commands and generate content.
- The final approach is to use Recipes to write high-quality content using a set of commands that the AI writer will follow in a particular sequence. But recipes work better when you want the AI software to write articles with a similar structure.
Note: Recipes are available only for the Teams Plan (formerly Boss Mode Plan) and Enterprise Plan.
This is one area where Copy AI is far behind Jasper. Yes, you can use this AI copywriting software to generate long-form AI content, but the only option is the Blog Post Wizard.
The process starts by feeding the blog title, a few keywords, and the preferred tone. The program then generates a rough outline with high-level points to cover. You can tweak the outline to make it better.
Once you have the outline, the next step is to generate tweakable talking points for each high-level point or section. Finally, when you are happy with the talking points, you can move forward and generate the content.
After the content is ready, you can edit and polish it, and finally, when you’re satisfied, click ‘Create Blog Post.’
That’s all! You’re restricted to whatever the tool provides. You can’t command the AI to write the way you want.
Winner: Jasper because it offers multiple methods for writing long-form content and accepts commands.
Integration with third-party services can increase workflow efficiency.
Jasper integrates with Copyscape and allows plagiarism checks. However, you’ll need a Copyscape premium subscription.
Aside from that, Jasper also integrates with Surfer SEO to help with the optimization of the AI content it writes. Surfer integration is available only in the Teams Plan (previously known as the Boss Mode Plan). Again, you’ll need an active Surfer subscription.
Jasper also offers Grammarly integration to prevent grammatical and spelling errors. You’ll, however, get access to Grammarly Basic, which won’t capture advanced writing issues.
Jasper also offers AI access (but only for their Business plan), which allows custom integrations.
Copy.AI has no available integrations. Facepalm!
Winner: Jasper because it offers integrations.
Jasper AI vs Copy AI : Extra Features
AI tools can be far more efficient and helpful if they provide some features other than copywriting tools.
With Jasper, you will enjoy several additional features, which include:
1. Brand Voice: Jasper can analyze your brand content to understand its tone and write accordingly.
2. Memories: The AI program can study the details of products & services and the brand audience to generate factually correct content.
3. Lookback: Jasper can read the previous 1,500 characters worth of content to get context and generate relevant content.
4. Jasper Art: It is an AI image generation service in which Jasper can create high-quality and copyright-free images using a description.
5. Chat: It is a human-like chatbot that can help with research, brainstorming, and even creating blog posts.
The only additional feature that Copy AI offers is a Chatbot that can scrape data from public websites, summarize YouTube videos, create personalized sales outreach copies, and more.
The inline doc editor will allow you to copy information from the chat interface and paste it into the editor.
Chat by Copy AI is similar to Jasper Chat and allows research and brainstorming.
Winner: Jasper AI because it offers several features that Copy AI doesn’t.
Copy.AI vs Jasper AI : Languages
Many AI Copywriting tools can generate content in multiple languages, and Jasper AI and Copy AI are not different.
Jasper currently supports more than 30 languages. It accepts input and generates output in multiple languages, which is best for non-English-speaking users who want to scale their content production.
Copy AI is no different and supports 29+ languages for both input and output, thereby helping non-English speakers globally to scale quickly.
Winner: It’s a tie because both platforms support major global languages.
Jasper AI vs Copy AI : Pricing
Budgetary constraints can prevent individuals from using AI-powered copywriting tools.
Jasper has recently changed its pricing plans. The previous Starter Plan is now the Creator Plan. The earlier Boss Mode Plan has now been changed to the Teams Plan. They have also increased the prices but removed the word count restriction.
Under the new pricing plans, Jasper Art is now included as a part of the Jasper AI subscription, and you don’t need to pay an additional $20/user/month.
Instead of offering a separate free trial with a 10,000-word limit, Jasper now offers a free trial for both its paid plans with full access to their features.
Here is what Jasper offers:
The Creator Plan: $49/month for monthly billing or $39/month for yearly billing. With yearly billing, you save ~20%.
- Unlimited words
- Access to GPT-4+
- Access to Jasper Art and Jasper Chat
- 30+ language support
- 50+ templates
- 1 Brand Voice and 50 Memories
- Integrated plagiarism checker
- 1,500 characters Lookback
- Google Docs style Document Editor
- 1 user
- Email support
The Teams Plan: $125/month or $99/month for monthly billing or yearly billing, respectively. Yearly billing saves approximately 20%.
- Everything in the Creator Plan
- 3 Brand Voices and 150 Memories
- Single-use Dynamic templates
- SEO Mode (SurferSEO integration)
- 3 users (can be increased to 10 users for $62/user/month for monthly billing or $49/user/month for yearly billing)
- User management features
- Email and Live Chat support
The Business Plan: This plan is for big companies and departments that require a scalable AI solution. Jasper offers custom pricing for both monthly and yearly billing cycles.
- Everything in the Teams Plan
- Unlimited Brand Voices and Memories
- 10,000 characters Lookback
- Savable and shareable Dynamic templates
- Custom templates and workflows for business-specific needs
- API access for custom integrations
- 10+ users
- Account analytics
- Single Sign-On
- Dedicated customer success manager
Both the Creator and Teams plans offer a 7-day free trial with full access. Once the trial ends, Jasper will charge your credit card. If you don’t want to continue, you must cancel the trial before it ends.
Copy AI has also made a few changes to its pricing plans. The free plan now gives access to the Blog Wizard Tool, and the Pro Plan allows unlimited words for a flat rate. They have also introduced an Enterprise plan.
Free Plan: It is a forever-free plan.
- 1 user
- 2,000 words of content creation a month
- 90+ copyright tools
- Unlimited projects
- Blog Wizard Tool
- Chat by Copy.ai
Pro Plan: $49/month for monthly billing and $36/month for yearly billing.
- 5 users
- Unlimited words
- 90+ copyright tools
- Unlimited projects
- Blog Wizard Tool
- 29+ languages
- Access to the latest features
- Priority email support
Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
- API access
- Chat interface
- Library of pre-built workflows
- Private company Infobase
- SOC 2 compliant
Winner: Jasper AI because its basic Creator Plan gives more features than Copy AI’s Pro Plan for the same monthly price.
Copy.AI vs Jasper AI : FAQs
While Copy AI has more templates, it lacks the flexibility and customization that Jasper offers. Moreover, Jasper is better with long-form content and has many more helpful features than Copy AI.
But Copy AI’s lack of flexibility isn’t bad if you need the laser-focused solutions that its robust templates can offer. It eventually boils down to your preferences.
Both Jasper AI and Copy AI can generate great content. But they can also provide irrelevant and factually incorrect information.
Thus, you must proofread the output before publishing it. I found that Copy AI generates more random and meaningless content, especially with long-form articles.
No, Copy AI has yet to introduce that option. If you need AI art generation, check out Jasper, which offers that feature in all its plans.
Digital marketing agencies, social media managers, freelance copywriters & content writers, YouTube content creators, and bloggers can all use Copy AI and Jasper AI.
What are some other Alternative AI Tools?
Try Jasper Today - Get 7 Days FREE with Unlimited Words!
- Increased productivity – Use Jasper to obliterate writers block, create outlines, headlines, and break the back of your creative ideas, allowing you to edit, enhance and personalize
- Improved accuracy – Jasper’s artificial intelligence technology ensures that your documents are accurate and error-free.
- Enhanced quality – By using Jasper, you will produce high-quality documents that stand out from the competition.
As a writing assistant, Jasper AI is an invaluable tool. It can help to improve your writing in a number of ways. For example, it can check for grammar mistakes, suggest better words to use, and help to structure your thoughts more clearly. Additionally, Jasper AI is constantly learning and evolving, which means that its capabilities continue to grow. It's the perfect tool for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills or increase their output.
I now use Jasper regularly in my business and highly recommend it as a writing tool.
Copy AI vs Jasper AI: Summary
However, Copy AI features are more suitable for short-form copy, while Jasper can generate long-form content more efficiently.
With Copy.ai, you can’t do much outside the templates, but Jasper’s document editor and Recipes will give you more control, making it a perfect choice if you need a more custom and technical solution.
On the downside, Jasper locks its Surfer integration behind the Teams Plan, which will put some financial strain on you if you have a small budget. But it is worth it!
Take Jasper’s no-obligation 7-day free trial to assess its abilities before making any decision.
In the meantime, I hope you liked this comparative study and found it helpful!